Vote for Girls Inc. to win $1 million in Sams Club “Giving Made Simple” Campaign - now through May 2!
The first quarter of 2010, between Jan. 1 - Mar. 31, Girls Inc. OC had 373 volunteers log over 3500 hours! Thank you to everyone for your contributions and hard work - it is greatly appreciated.
Currently, there are several volunteer opportunities and upcoming volunteer events at Girls Inc. OC:
- Help out with the OC Marathon on May 2: We have a goal of 50 volunteers and would love your support! For more info please visit our website at: www.girlsinc-oc.org
- Volunteer Appreciation Reception on May 11: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM at the Neighborhood Community Center, 1845 Park Ave, Costa Mesa, 92627. RSVP to Laura Corona at LCorona@girlsincoc-org or call (949)-646-7181.
- Aready signed up to volunteer? Don’t forget to attend the Volunteer Orientation and Training on May 12 for anyone who is a volunteer! Contact RSchneider@girlsinc-oc.org for more info.
- There is a Body Image Workshop on May 29: Interns are needed to facilitate and help run the workshop. For more info, please contact Noreen Rahman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Volunteer Special Training: June 19, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM. RSVP at RSchneider@girlsinc-oc.org
Save June 2 for the next Tribal event! If you’re a part of @women4girls, we’re taking May off, but look forward to connecting next month.
All proceeds from the 4th Annual Women’s Business Symposium will benefit Girls Incorporated® of Orange County.
- When: Friday, May 21, 2010 from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Hyatt Regency Irvine, 17900 Jamboree Road, Irvine, CA 92614
- Keynote Speaker: Jeanette Walls, Best-Selling Author of The Glass Castle, an Amazon “Top 10 Book of the Decade”
- Mistress of Ceremonies: Chef Jamie Gwen
For more information, visit http://www.comerica.com
Girls Inc. is currently in 2nd place!!!
On Friday, April 16, everyone can help Girls Inc. win the top prize of $1 million in the Sam’s Club Giving Made Simple campaign.
Send your votes via Twitter to @SamsClub using the Girls Inc. designated hashtag, #Sams4GirlsInc.
The organizations in each category - youth education and entrepreneurship - with the highest number of Twitter votes that day will receive double the number of votes submitted by Sam’s Club Members and associates to samsclub.com/giving on Friday, April 16.
One vote will be defined as a Twitter update to @SamsClub with the Girls Inc. designated hashtag, #Sams4GirlsInc. Only one vote is eligible per unique username. The link to @SamsClub may appear at any point in the body of the tweet.
Follow Girls Inc. on Twitter to stay updated. And stay tuned for another chance to help Girls Inc. boost our votes on Friday, April 30.
Thank you to our corporate supporters: JCC CPA’s, 10% Solution Inc., BNY Mellon Wealth Management, FedEx, Imagine The Possibilities Inc., Knightling Inc., Kohler & Associates, Quay Financial, RezBuzz/Corp Shorts, Specialized Marketing Services, Summit Services Inc., Wealth Wise Financial Services, and Raymond James.